Author Topic: problems w/ buttons in Android mobile browser  (Read 17345 times)

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
problems w/ buttons in Android mobile browser
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:41 am »
Hi Jim,
Just a note to let you know that the submit buttons don't seem to work on either lawncheck.com or cell.lawncheck.com when accessing via the default Android 2.1 mobile browser. I found a workaround on cell.lawncheck.com by using the keyboard 'enter' key to trigger the submit function, but it would be nice if the buttons worked.

I am a web developer, so let me know if I can provide assistance.

Thanks!

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: problems w/ buttons in Android mobile browser
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:30:45 pm »
Hi ihstiv,

I'll look into it.

jim

Jim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
H iihstiv,

Can you give me more information on the problem?  I've searched for problems reported with Android 2.1 and standard html forms and don't see anything.  Also, because it looks like the keyboard is working it seems like the Android browser doesn't have any issues with the basic web code.

Looks like an issue with the OS not recognizing html form buttons, or the button events being captured by some other program.

When you cursor over the buttons do they "light up" a little like on a typical browser to indicate that the button is recognized?

Thanks,

Jim

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:19:39 pm by Jim »

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:29:39 am »
Hi Jim,
Most of the buttons do work in both versions of the site in Android 2.1 - the following two seem to be obscured by surrounding elements that prevent them from being activated:

1. The 'run' button on the 'quick cycle' screen for cell.lawncheck.com
2. The 'begin' button on the 'select a device' screen for www.lawncheck.com

Maybe just adding some padding around these buttons, or breaks after them would be enough to fix the issue.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:31:22 am by ihstiv »

Jim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:17:51 pm »
Hi ihstiv,

Thanks for the additional infomation I checked the code and found no obvious reason for that to happen.  I'll be downloading the android emulator to see if I can spot problem by viewing the browser on the emulator while making some mods.

Thanks for the notification.

JIm

Jim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:05:23 pm »
Follow up:
After downloading the Andriod emulator the overlap was viewed.  The relevant pages were "messaged" a bit and they appear to display well now.  Thanks to ihstiv for reporting this and for reporting the fact that the font's on the android can be set to "large" and when so set may cause some unwanted text wrapping on the cell.lawncheck.com page.

Jim