Author Topic: Referral question  (Read 10634 times)

Gangee

• LC Irrigation Master
Referral question
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:14:31 pm »
Jim,

I continue to make my neighbors look bad.   ;)

While their clocks are going off and wasting water, I'm watering less and saving money.  Not only that, my yard is in the best shape its ever been because I'm not over watering now and I can easily control my watering.  I'm using Rain Brain and the weather settings.

I've noticed our town wastes water, too.  I see sprinklers going off when they shouldn't.  I know a couple of town planners.  If you like, I can give them your information.  Seems to me they'd realize the same benefits I am.  And if I can somehow help them save water, maybe my taxes will go down!  ;D

So let me know,

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: Referral question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:16:20 pm »
Hi Gangee,

The town planners might get a kick out of seeing what you have.   If your town has to pay for water, and landscape irrigation is a significant use, then the concept might get them thinking.

Does your town have any ordinances in place at this time?  The one benefit in showing your town planners that you and others are interested in conserving water is that they won't implement a crazy ordinance like even or odd day watering, I've seen some strange ones on around this, though these ordinance schemes do keep the high end controller manufacturers and their programmers in business.

Jim