Author Topic: Feature request: usage log web interface  (Read 13993 times)

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
Feature request: usage log web interface
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:34:10 am »
Hi Jim,
I'm a huge fan of lawncheck - it was nice to fire it up this spring without a hitch.

It would be great if we could view our usage logs in nice, easy to read charts and graphs in a web interface, instead of having to download the text files and try to interpret them.

Is this on the new feature roadmap?  If so, is there an ETA for when we might expect it? 2012, 2013?

Thanks
Steve

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: Feature request: usage log web interface
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your request.  I have a few things in queue before getting to charts.  However, if you or anyone else reading the forum has an idea of the type of chart, and the format, it's possible the such a report could be generated given that it's much easier to write a report than it is to write an iPhone app  :) and if the format made sense, maybe we could do it sooner.  Monitoring water use is a big part of saving water, and that's what we want to help to do as a primary goal of LawnCheck..

Thanks,

JIm

Gangee

• LC Irrigation Master
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:18:34 pm »
Howdy,

My suggestion would be PDF. For me, I'm not going to analyze stats via a spreadsheet, all I need is a read only format. So PDF would work great for me.

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 08:47:05 am »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your request.  I have a few things in queue before getting to charts.  However, if you or anyone else reading the forum has an idea of the type of chart, and the format, it's possible the such a report could be generated given that it's much easier to write a report than it is to write an iPhone app  :) and if the format made sense, maybe we could do it sooner.  Monitoring water use is a big part of saving water, and that's what we want to help to do as a primary goal of LawnCheck..

Thanks,

JIm
Hi Jim,
Sorry for the delayed response.

The main issue w/ the current text/log files for me is that I have a hard time figuring out which cycles have run since their names arent displayed.

I guess what I'm after is just an easier way to take a look at the cycle run history on the site at a glance. I'm not married to the details for how this would be set up.  It's just a lot of clicks and head scratching currently.

Thanks
Steve

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »
Hello Steve,

We definitely want to do a better job with the logs and adding the program name is a priority (July 2015).  We've done this in OptiRain Open and want to move that code into LawnCheck.

And yes we want to do a better job with graphical schedules and have some ideas on implementing a graphical schedule.

Thanks for the request.

JIm