Author Topic: how do I schedule an irrigation interval?  (Read 13533 times)

ijsbrand

• Lawncheck Apprentice
how do I schedule an irrigation interval?
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »
Hi Jim,

I noticed that one can choose the days of the week that watering should take place. But how do I schedule an irrigation every 2 or 3 days?

Thanks

IJsbrand

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: how do I schedule an irrigation interval?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »
Hello ijsbrand,

LawnCheck was designed primarily as a calendar based scheduler because most people want irrigation on specific days of the week.

With that said it is possible to schedule irrigation every other day by using the Odd/Even compliance setting.  Just schedule irrigation for every day of the week, and at the bottom of the program screen find "Ordinance Restriction."  Check either Odd day only or Even days only on to achieve every 2 day irrigation.  (Except you will get irrigation on the 31st/1st of months that have 31 days if you use Odd day only).

Hope this allows you to set up a schedule to meet your needs.

Jim

ijsbrand

• Lawncheck Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:46:12 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I really like the program, but being able to schedule 3 or - why not - 4 days intervals would be my recommendation no. 1 for future upgrades (in addition to the graphics and the dashboard status that others have been proposing). Besides offering more choice and flexibility to users, it would also be consistent with the idea of providing larger supplies over longer periods, key to more efficient water use.

Thanks a lot

IJsbrand

jaytaylormn

• Lawncheck Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »
This was exactly my question.  I do not have even/odd day restrictions yet and the preferred way to water for me is on a three day cycle.  My old system could do this (limitations wee the date had to be divisible by 3. 3, 6, 9, etc.) but it worked out just fine.  I'll look through the rest of the forums and see what my options are.

Thanks for your help!

Jay

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »
I just posted this on another topic but wanted to re-post it here because it is relevant to this discussion:
--------------------
To my knowledge there isn't a way to run a cycle on every 3rd day.  The reason we didn't implement every N day on LawnCheck  because most people want to know which days of the week their sprinklers will run - especially during mowing season.

You can more closely estimate an every-third-day schedule using two programs:  set one program to run on a 3/4 schedule, for example Monday and Thursday, and then create another program to run once a week, for example on Saturday.  You can scale back the irrigation times on the Saturday programs as needed.  This will give you a 3/2/2 schedule

Also, in many climates a lawncare pro will recommend a 3/4 schedule instead of a 3/2/2 - with longer irrigation times - this gives the water a chance to soak in.  In some very hot climate this might not work.   LawnCheck gives you 5 independent programs per controller with monthly controller on each, so in hot climate you might want to add a few "summer-only" programs.

Jim