Author Topic: Satisfied customer!  (Read 8116 times)

ihstiv

• LC Irrigation Master
Satisfied customer!
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:46:12 pm »
I'm happy to report that my EtherRain 8 controller is all hooked up and working as expected.  I have to say that this is the coolest irrigation controller on the market in my opinion - especially since it is less than half the price of other 'smart' controllers.

It helps that I am comfortable w/ the technical aspects, but any home that has an internet connection should be able to use this controller.

My wife is already sick of me sitting on the couch in the living room running valve tests from my Android phone and pointing out the window saying 'look look - this is so cool!'

It's nice to have a controller that I can just hook up and never have to deal with.  I can set up a schedule on lawncheck.com (free) and have detailed control down to the minute in terms of how long and when each valve should operate.

I also appreciate the easy access to statistics like how many gallons I've used to date per month, and email notification if/when a valve malfunctions.

Jim

• Administrator
  • LC Green Star Commander
Re: Satisfied customer!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:29:12 pm »
Hi ihstiv,
And hopefully you'll be able to show off reduced water bills compared to last season.  I think the convenience features that you mentioned are the icing and the water savings is the cake, though it could be the other way around!

I've had my EtherRain running under LawnCheck for three years now and I'm still a little amazed, especially when March comes around the system turns on by itself.  (of course this year was very wet, so not many cycles and a lot of rain blocks in the log so far). 

Jim